That’s right, tea AND booze - truly the Beyoncé and Jay Z of the beverage world. Our tea temples contain lots of all natural, full-of-flavor ingredients; whole leaf teas, real pieces of fruit, spices and herbs which are perfect for cocktail and toddy making. Winter nights just got interesting....
Whether you’re tucked up on the sofa with a movie or throwing a Christmas bash, teapigs tea toddies will become your new best winter companion in no time. Incredibly simple to make with boundless possibilities, here are four of our favorite tried and tested Christmas concoctions for you to enjoy!
apple and cinnamon cider
- Add 2 apple and cinnamon tea temples to 1 cup of boiling water. Brew for 5-10 mins.
- Add this to 1 cup of cider and heat.
- Add brown sugar to taste
- Add whipped cream or cinnamon powder for decoration
Serve in HUGE beer mugs
spiced winter rum punch
- Pour 3/4cup boiling water over 2 spiced winter tea temples in a sauce pan. Brew for 3-5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of fruit juice (we like orange or pineapple)
- Add just over 1/2 cup of ginger beer and just under 1/2cup of spiced dark rum.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Try not to boil.
- Garnish with some orange, sliced ginger, star anise or a cinnamon stick (If you're feeling super festive, use all 4!)
super fruit gin and tonic
- Infuse 2 super fruit tea temples in 3/4cup of tonic water for 5 min (or longer for extra fruity flavor)
- Add 5 tsp of gin or vodka and a squirt of agave syrup
- Pour over ice into a cocktail shaker and strain in to a very fancy cocktail glass!
- Garnish with orange peel, passion fruit or blackberries.
For a longer drink, pour the liquid over crushed ice, adding blackberries or orange peel to garnish
chocolate and mint whisky shots
First make the tea concentrate: infuse 4 chocolate and mint tea temples in 1 cup boiling water for 10-15 mins (the longer the better!)
- Over ice, pour: 1/8cup whisky, 1/8cup tea concentrate, 1/8cup double cream and 4 tsp maple syrup
- Mix together and decant into 4 shot glasses (or enjoy as 1 long drink!)
- Add chocolate shavings for decoration
PS. Pop the rest of your concentrate in the fridge and save for next time (...or make another round of shots!)
Experiment away! Just brew your favorite teapigs tea temple in 1/2cup or so of hot water for 3-5 minutes. Add this little concentrate to any hot toddy recipe you fancy. Be sure to let us know how you get on by uploading your snaps to twitter, facebook or instagram with the tag #teapigsteatoddies
We know how yummy these recipes can be, but remember to drink responsibly. (We find having a slice of toast with every round of drinks really helps...)