What could be more perfect on a hot summer's day than a refreshing teapop!? That's right...nothing! Ignore the sound of tunes blasting from the local ice cream van, and why not try out our simple, tasty and super fun recipe for a teapigs teapop.
As our tea temples contain the very-best-quality real ingredients (whole leaf teas, whole herbs and whole pieces of fruit and spices) they are essentially little bags of intense flavor which you can use to make all sorts of wonderful creations - including teapops!
As ever, we’re big fans of experimenting, so give the below method a try with your favorite tea temples. Once you’ve nailed the basic method, there really is no limit to what you can create but we’ve given you our favorites to get you started below.
- 4 teapigs tea temples (depending on how strong you like your flavor!)
- just under a cup of boiling water to brew
- 1.5 cups of cool water or your milk of choice (for milky teapops!)*
- 6 tsp runny honey or agave to sweeten (more/less to taste)
- Some optional extras to make it even fancier - fresh fruit, agave syrup, cinnamon, vanilla
- Brew your tea temples for at least 4 minutes – the longer you leave them, the more flavor you will get!
- Sweeten with honey or agave syrup to taste - approx 1.5 tsp per pop!
- Remove the tea temples and leave to fully cool
- Top with 1.5 cups water or your chosen milk
- Prepare your fresh fruit and any extras you want to include
- Pour your cooled tea into your ice lolly molds and add in your extras!
- Pop in the freezer overnight to set
- Take out the freezer and ENJOY!
To get you started…
- super fruit tea temples, berries, honey
- lemon and ginger tea temples, juice of whole lemon, lemon zest, honey
- rhubarb and ginger tea temples, honey or ginger syrup!
- Some of the flavor drops to the bottom of the molds while freezing so you get a burst of flavor at the top of your pop! For a more even flavor, give the lollies a stir or two mid-freezing!
- Feel free to swap out the water for some milk or yogurt to make milky pops! The super fruit with yogurt definitely has some pizazz!
- For the kids, we have lots of lovely caffeine free options, but fear not grown ups - our black teas (particularly chai) are phenominal if you're after a little caffeine boost!
- Matcha fans - why not work a matcha pop into your everyday routine this summer? There’s no need to brew it - just whisk the matcha straight into your milk and pop it in the freezer!
teapops are perfect for making with the little'uns this summer - and the brilliant thing is you know exactly what you're putting into them! If you're after more summer inspiration, why not also try a teapigs teashake? We guarantee the kids (and grown ups) will love them!