terms & conditions for our ‘create our birthday blend’ competition
As the nature of this competition is slightly different to usual, please do take a minute to make sure you've read through and agree to the following terms before submitting your entry.
1. The competition is being run and administered by teapigs Limited with its registered office address at 15/F, Flat E, Gold King Industrial Building, 35-41 Tai Lin Pai Rd, Kwai Chung, Hong Kong SAR
2. This competition is open to all people ages 18 and over
3. Employees of teapigs and members of their immediate families sadly cannot enter.
4. If you opted in to hear more from us, you will be added to our email list, and receive 1-2 monthly email updates around product launches, news and promos. You can of course unsubscribe at any time.
6. You can enter as many times as you like but shortlist nominees will be capped to one per person
7. The closing date will be midnight 21st May 2021.
8. 5 entries will be shortlisted (out of all entries correctly submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions) by our tea taster, Louise and contacted via email by our marketing team by the 28th May 2021. The decision of our tea taster Louise Cheadle is final.
9. The winning submission will then be chosen by public vote – we’ll contact all 5 entries via email to inform whether you have won or not by the end of June 2021. Reasonable efforts will be made to make contact over a period of two weeks. If it has not been possible to contact you in that time, the entry and prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next eligible entrant. The winner of this competition may be asked to participate in publicity.
10. All 5 shortlisted submissions will receive a bundle of teapigs tea and bespoke discount code to use online for the remainder of 2021. The winning entry will also receive two cases of the final product when it launches. We are not liable for any damage or loss to a prize caused by any third party. If a prize is damaged or fails to be delivered, we have no obligation to provide a replacement prize.
11. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for money/cash or any other reward, prize or compensation.
12. By submitting an entry, you acknowledge that teapigs may revisit and revise the blend idea in future.
13. By submitting an entry, you agree that in the case that your blend is chosen
(a) you will not be entitled to any monetary value from the commercial use, sales and / or any other exploitation of the final tea and
(b) you agree to irrevocably assign and transfer to teapigs absolutely with full title guarantee all rights, title, benefit and interest in all aspects of your entry to this competition. You agree that teapigs shall take ownership of all intellectual property rights in your entry and you shall hold no intellectual property rights to it. You further agree to hereby waive any moral rights granted under English law that may subsist in any part of the entry. You also confirm that your entry is your own original work and does not breach any third party’s intellectual property rights.
14. Entrants into the competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms & conditions.
15. While nothing in these terms and conditions will limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or for fraud, we will not be legally responsible to entrants or winners for any losses that were not foreseeable to us or to you at the time of entry to this competition or which are caused by a third party.
16. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts