Whenever we think of Valentine's Day, we think of something sweet, like chocolate. To make your special someone extra happy, why not make it yourself? We're adding a twist to it though.. for this recipe, we'll teach you how to make matcha chocolate in just a few steps!
(source: Milly's Kitchen)
14 oz white chocolate
½ cup of heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp matcha powder
2 tsp matcha powder (for sprinkling)
1. Chop the white chocolate and butter into small pieces.
2. Add the heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan and bring it to almost boil over medium heat.
3. Immediately add the white chocolate and butter. Mix all together.
4. Once the mixture is smooth, sift and add the matcha powder into the mixture.
5. In a prepared the baking dish lined with parchment paper, pour the chocolate mixture into a baking dish.
6. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours (or overnight).
7. Slice the chocolate block into 4 blocks and then cut each block into 9 small pieces.
8. Dust 2 tsp matcha powder on top of the chocolate. Store the chocolate in the refrigerator until serving. Serve chilled.