Craving bubble tea at home but too lazy to go and get one? Make your own! Why? Two reasons - one, store-bought bubble tea may contain harmful and unnatural ingredients, and two, you'll save money!
Time: 10 mins
what you'll need:
- 100 ml water for your tea temple
- 1 milk oolong tea temple
- 30g dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of Bob's Red Mill tapioca pearls (available at Market Place, ParknShop and citysuper)
- 200ml milk of your choice
- Ice cubes
- A tall glass
- A reusable thick boba straw
how to make:
- Prepare your tea concentrate. We recommend 1 tea temple of milk oolong brewed in 100ml of 80 degree water for 5-10 minutes. Pop in the fridge to cool until you’re ready, or shake over ice.
- Put in ½ cup of tapioca pearls in the bottom of your glass with a few ice cubes.
- Pour in your tea concentrate, and top it off with the cold milk of your choice.
- Sip and enjoy!